Friday, January 22, 2010

Re-Connecting with Betty's Youth

Al, aka my new hero, rescued my 2008 birthday present - a usb turntable purchased by my old lady (Thanks, honey...just what I wanted!). This much prized toy collected dust on our desk for 15 months since we couldn't make it work and finally got shoved over the closet when we moved in September. That is...until last night when Al resurrected the machine in about 7 minutes.

Out comes the first installment of my Mom, Betty's, vinyl collection! She had it throughout my childhood, but it was virtually never was played!!! A mystery and a crime, for sure, but one that now leaves me with the hobby to flip through Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, Harry Belafonte - "Jump in the Line - OK...I believe you!" and discover Julie London...your number please....


Wow. Track 1 - Makin' Whoopee. I don't know about you, but they don't make 'em like that anymore.

There are dozens more to explore...you will know where to find me...


Thanks, Betty. I miss you.

No comments: