Monday, May 21, 2007

Andy Palacio & The Garifuna Collective

I have been grooving to Andy Palacio & the Garifuna Collective all afternoon. (Thanks, Songlines #43!) They are touring all over this summer so no excuses to miss. Very cool video here with some background to the CD and garifuna music. I never would have guessed Belize.

If you watch the video, you will see Paul Nabor. A very enjoyable tribute to his dying sister can be found on the link above. I hope someone sings like that when I die.
Brother, I am ill
Dear Brother, I am ill
I have tossed and turned in my bed
With this ailment in the presence of my family
I have spoken with my children
Dear Brother, when I pass away
They must have a band at my funeral
It is my little ones I'm worried about
It is my children I'm worried about.
Andy Garifuna is playing at Cargo June 19.

No comments: